Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Teaching Company greats

Courses from The Teaching Company have become a habit for me during exercising and driving. Just before Christmas I finished watching Nature of Earth: An Introduction to Geology by WVU's John J. Renton. His lecture on plate tectonics was worth the price of admission. More recently I finished Understanding the Brain (DVD) by Vanderbilt's Jeanette Norden. The coverage of the course was a masterful mix of the anatomical, the functional, and the clinical.

In the car, on CD I listened to European Thought and Culture in the 19th Century and 20th Century by UNCC's Lloyd Kramer and I'm in the middle of 5 courses on Great World Religions.

Over many years, I have been impressed with the uniform quality of these courses. I recommend them without reservation

1 comment:

Doug van Orsow said...

Those courses seem like some of the best they have to offer. You may find my Teaching Company user forum helpful, where I review all lectures from their newest courses:

http://teachingcompany.12.forumer.com

I think The Genius of Michelangelo is easily their best recent course, but one can't just listen during the commute, since the images are a must.

enjoy it,

Doug van Orsow
forum admin