Tuesday, February 12, 2019

TEE is back

This blog (The Entrepreneurial Engineer) was my first effort at blogging going back to 2004.  I suspended writing this blog to go to other forms of social media in 2010.  I bring back this blog as a way to express views about current events in important ways. 

In particular, I find the rise of anti-market narrative and efforts to return to increased government control and planning troubling, especially considering TEE's original vision.  I am also concerned by the rise on campus of speech codes, new forms of bigotry, and the widespread corruption of the modern university

In tackling some of these issues, I will stick to the habits of the earlier blog. I'll draw from a variety of theoretical and practical frameworks to make my point.  Whether you agree with my point of view or not is less important than understanding the underlying theories and practices and how they are woven together.  Some of the views I express will be unpopular, but I am particularly troubled by the smug confidence of those who use their positional power to shut others up.  Although I've been away from campus for some time, I always valued the rough and tumble of different points of view in the academy.  That this has disappeared or is disappearing must not be allowed to stand without a fight. 

So welcome back to TEE.  Let the blogging begin.

No comments: